Users have leveraged our platform to discover, quantify, and execute clean energy projects of many kinds.
NRG’s Business Solutions Origination team has sold and marketed a diverse array of distributed energy products to utilities. Sizing utility RFP bids, analyzing and qualifying target customer locations, and quantifying the value the products bring to both customers and the utilities are the challenges they face. The Origination team has used our platform to:
- Determine the addressable market to inform NRG’s RFP bids, including the successful 10 MW distributed solar+battery and 5 MW demand response projects in Southern California Edison’s (SCEs) territory
- Proactively pitch new distributed energy programs across 22 different utility territories in the U.S.
- Analyze and qualify target customer locations, determine the optimal product sizes, and present the value to the customer through interactive reports for the 10 MW solar+battery, 5 MW demand response and 25.5 MW Ice Bear projects NRG owns in SCE’s territory.
- Southern California Edison
- 25.5 MW distributed Thermal Storage
- 10 MW distributed Solar+Battery
- 5 MW Demand Response
NRG’s Curtailment Solutions team administers, designs, recommends and delivers demand response programs to C&I customers across the major markets in the U.S. Analyzing and qualifying target customer locations for demand response products are the challenges they face. The Curtailment Solutions team has used our platform to:
- Analyze 30,000 C&I locations across the PJM territory, including current and potential customers, for different demand response products to inform NRG’s bid into the 2020/2020 PJM Capacity Program Auction.
- Analyze and qualify target customer locations across relevant geographies.
- Demand Response
NRG’s Renewables & Business Solutions teams sell, develop and deploy different distributed energy products for C&I customers across the U.S. Analyzing and qualifying target customer locations, and understating the value of different energy products for different customer categories are the key challenges they face. The Renewables & Business Solutions teams have used our platform to:
- Analyze and qualify target customer locations across the various geographies in which the Renewables team is active.
- Assess relative viability of distributed energy products given multiple market value streams and various different customer categories across the primary energy markets in the U.S. to inform the distributed energy storage market strategy and prioritization for NRG.
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Demand Response
- Offsite Solar
- Onsite Solar
NRG’s National Development team develops and deploys utility-scale energy storage and generation projects in every major utility market. Determining the right product, size, and value to bid into utility RFPs are the challenges they face. The Development team has used our platform to:
- Determine sizing and optimal dispatch parameters for all battery and solar+battery projects under development.